Rosetta can be built and run on a number of platforms, described below. The level of support varies however.
- Full support means we have tested Rosetta on the platform both programmatically and scientifically and have the expertise to handle questions about it.
- Partial support means we have built and run Rosetta on the given platform. We have not done extensive testing of the scientific results, so your mileage may vary. We will try to answer questions, and walk you through particular builds.
- No support. We have not been able to try the combination. It may work or it may not. If you run into trouble we will answer whatever we can, but be aware that we may not be able to help. If you can get it to work, please tell us.
- Doesn't work. We know or believe that you can't run Rosetta on the platform. If you successfully run it, let us know.
- Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
Scons script: v1.2.0.r3842
- Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.2: root:xnu-1228.8.59~2/RELEASE_I386 i386
Scons script: v1.0.1.r3363
gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1
- Linux 2.6.27-9-generic #1 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux
Scons script: v0.98.5.r3057
gcc (GCC) 4.1.1, gcc (GCC) 4.2.4, gcc (GCC) 4.3.2
Note: GCC with Ubuntu 4.3.2-1ubuntu12 and any version after it does not work
- Linux 2.6.10-1.741_FC3smp #1 SMP i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
Scons scripts v0.98.5.r3057
- Linux 2.6.9-78.0.8.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Scons scripts v1.2.0.r3842
gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-10)
- Fedora Core Linux v3 or greater, x86, 32-bit, GCC 4.0 (*)(**)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux v3 or greater, x86, 32-bit, Intel C++ 9.1 (*)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux v3 or greater, x86, 32-bit, GCC 4.0(**)
- MinGW on Microsoft Windows XP, 32-bit, GCC 3.4
Note: (*) These should work because of the similarity between Fedora Core and RedHat Enterprise Linux but were not explicitly tested. (**)For GCC version 4.0 and above, we recommend the latest versions of the 4.0 and 4.1. However, we do not have full support.
- Fedora Core Linux on IA64 (Itanium), any compiler (**)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux on IA64 (Itanium), any compiler (**)
- Mac OS X 10.4 on x86, 64-bit, GCC 4.0 Any other platform, including but not limited to: Solaris, Irix, Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux.
Note: (**) We expect to be able to support Itanium in future releases but we simply haven't been able to test it.