The rosetta library contains seven top level directories of which every developer should be aware.
- src/ The src directory contains all the source files for the rosetta library. See An overview page for the src directory of the Rosetta for more information.
- test/ The test directory contains source files and scripts for unit, integration, and scientific tests used to verify that the rosetta library is functioning correctly. See A Guide to Running and Writing Tests for Rosetta for more information on Rosetta Tests.
- bin/ The bin directory contains soft links to all the rosetta applications. Currently seperate softlinks are stored for each combination of operating system (linux,moacos), compiler(gcc,icc), and build mode (debug, release, release_debug). See the A Guide to Using SCons to Build Rosetta page for further information of the build system.
- build/ The build directory is where all the object files and shared libraries for build configuration are stored. The directory structure is automatically created by the scons build system. See A Guide to Using SCons to Build Rosetta page for further information of the build system.
- doc/ The doc directory contains all the stand alone doxygen pages. See Tips for writing doxygen documentation for tips on writing documentation using Doxygen.
- tools/ The tools directory contains the files for the custom SCons Builder for the rosetta library. See A Guide to Using SCons to Build Rosetta page for further information of the build system.
- demo/ The demo directory is intended to contains files for running test case or demo of particular applications. On a side note integration tests form a demo of sorts see A Guide to Running and Writing Tests for Rosetta for information on integration tests.